Google Assistant is available on nearly every Android phone with Android 6.0 and above. But the only problem with Google Assistant is there is no desktop version available.
peoples are still searching for google assistant for pc windows 10 free download, google assistant for pc windows 7 download, google assistant for pc windows 7 free download, google assistant download, google assistant for pc windows 8.1 download, google assistant online, google assistant app, google assistant for laptop windows 10.
However, thanks to Google Assistant SDK which allows running assistant on any platform such as Windows, MAC, and Linux as well……………………….
Google Assistant is Google’s voice-controlled smart virtual assistant powered by artificial intelligence. As of today, there are many AI assistants out there such as Amazon Alexa, Siri, Cortana, etc but Google Assistant is one of the best available on the market.
In order to run voice-activated Google Assistant on Windows PC, you need to perform command-line instruction which are the only possible way to get it on Windows PC.
Before going to install Google Assistant on Windows pc, you should know a few necessary things and set up a few others.
- You must have Python 3 installed on your system. However, Mac and Linux system comes with Python preinstalled. But if you are a windows user then you need to install Python 3 on your system.
- On your Windows computer, you will have to use Command Prompt, and on your macOS, you need Terminal to set up Google Assistant.
Step 2: Install Google Assistant on Windows PC
Open Command Prompt as admin and type the following command and hit enter after each one.
py -m pip install google-assistant-sdk[samples]
pip install –upgrade google-auth-oauthlib[tool]
The above command will download the required dependencies which help to run the Google Cloud project. This process will take a little bit more time based on your internet speed.
google-oauthlib-tool –client-secrets path/to/XXXXX.json –scope https://www.googleapis.com/auth/assistant-sdk-prototype –save –headless
Change “path/to/XXXXX.json” with the actual path and name of your JSON file which you downloaded before.
- Once you run the above command you will get URL as a result just copy it and past it on your browser.
- Select your Google account and you will get authentication code.
- Copy authentication code and paste it into the command prompt and hit the enter button.
Step 3: Testing Google Assistant
- Turn ON your system Speakers
- After you install Google Assistant on your system first you need to check whether or not Assistant able to record audio from the microphone.
- To test it run the following command in cmd and it will record 10 seconds of audio and play it back to you.
python -m googlesamples.assistant.audio_helpers
- Once the test successfully completes the audio test you can move to the next step.
python -m googlesamples.assistant
After running the above command wait for few seconds till command prompt say “press enter to send a new request” and hit the enter button. In case if you see any warning then simply ignore it.
That’s it Google Assistant successfully installed on your Windows PC. The best part of Google Assistant API is to support all commands that Google Assistant supports on Google Home and Android devices.
Make sure to start using Google Assistant first you need to wake up it using wake command